Purpose of Pre-Purchase Building Inspections
Pre-Purchase Building Inspections reveal the condition of the property before you buy. Knowing the major repairs needed before you buy minimises unpleasant surprises and costs. That is to say, buying a home is the largest single investment you will ever make, so go in with your eyes open.
Our reports comply and surpass the Australian Standard for building inspections: AS4349.1.2007.
Firstly, Inspex Inspections is not involved in any business that represents a conflict of interest. We do not carry out any building work or take part in any construction-related activities. Secondly, we do not subcontract work to other inspectors, therefore, you cant trust who you book the inspection with conducts the inspection.
Inspex Building Inspections are licensed and qualified for both building and pest inspections. We hold professional indemnity and public liability insurance with Rapids Solutions.
We have extensive experience in performing pre-purchase building inspections. Inspex has conducted thousands of residential and commercial inspections in Adelaide since 2003. This experience is significantly important in Adelaide due to the poor building soils found here. This can cause significant issues with structural movement and salt damp, particularly in older homes.
We recommend that you attend the end of the inspection to better understand any areas of concern. This way you can visualise any defects affecting the building and discuss how they can best be rectified. We attach photos of defects to the report in case you cannot make it.
- Book your Inspection online or phone us.
- Inspection is scheduled with the Agent. Before auction day or during the cooling-off period.
- Inspection conducted.
- Immediate feedback provided.
- Detailed Inspection Report provided the same day.
- Any follow-up to discuss the Inspection Report.
The Building Inspection Report Covers
- Roofing (internal and external)
- Roof frame
- Walls (internal and external)
- Doors and frames (internal and external)
- Windows and frames (internal and external)
- Guttering and downpipes
- Retaining walls
- Patios, balconies and stairs
- Pergolas and paving
- Plumbing/electrical overview
- Kitchen components
- Wet Areas (Bathroom, Laundry, En-suite)
- Bathroom components
- Maintenance issues
* All subject to reasonable access