We strongly recommend a Pest Inspection before the finalised purchase of your property, the Pest Inspection can be combined with our Building Inspection in a convenient single visit.
Our visual Pest Inspection and Report is in accordance with Australian Standard (AS 4349.3). The Pest Inspection report will identify any areas of concern including conducive conditions that can attract termites.
The inspection is essentially a visual inspection of the readily accessible areas & timbers (all buildings and relevant structures on the site to at least 30m) supplemented with the use of limited non visual techniques e.g. sounding procedures and the use of a moisture meter.
Moisture meters detect moisture in walls, etc. They do not indicate the cause of the problem, however, the cause of the moisture may be a consequence of termite activity.
Our Pest Inspection Report Covers:
- Structural Timbers – subfloor, floor, walls, stairs, ceilings, roofing, etc.
- Joinery and decorative timbers –skirtings, architraves, doors, door frames, window frames, cupboards, etc.
- Ancillary structures – built-in cupboards & furniture.
- Attachments and outbuildings –garages, carports, pergolas, patios, verandas, sheds, side gates etc.
- Garden timbers – landscaping timbers, fences, logs, pool surrounds, firewood, etc.
- Standing timbers – trees and stumps.
- Presence of excessive moisture – in building elements
*All subject to reasonable access
Termites are a natural part of the Australian landscape. They can become problematic when they are in close proximity to your house.
Termites live on cellulose which is found in timber products, they also require moisture to survive. There are many simple things that you can do around your home to deter termites such as:
- Increasing the sub-floor ventilation.
- Fixing any leaks or drainage problems, inside and out.
- Ensuring that all storm water is running away from the house.
- Consider removing garden beds that are adjacent to the house.
- Do not stack timber under or alongside the house.
- Remove dead trees and stumps.
The best method for controlling termites and pests is by using an integrated approach. This means using both physical and chemical barriers.